Saturday, April 20, 2013

Biltmore

John had a work conference at Biltmore in NC (the Vanderbilt's home).  We went here last summer just John and me and really enjoyed it.  This time the kids got to come along.  The conference put us up in the really beautiful inn on the grounds which was a lot of fun.  Tori really loved staying in such a "fancy" room.  It was cute to see how neat she thought it was.  James and Ellie just loved the chocolates on the pillows. :)  The food at the inn was really good, too.  I loved their breakfast buffet, though it was a little tricky doing a buffet with three little kids alone, but we made it work. :) 
I loved getting to see the grounds during the spring.  The tulips and azaleas were lovely!   We decided not to do the tour inside with the kids this time - I don't think they would have appreciated it (Tori might have thought it was cool, but it's a lot of walking).
It was a little chilly for April, but the kids loved running around the grounds.
Cute little Ellie had the best seat. :)
John was entertaining the kids while I got their dinner by taking pictures of them making funny faces.
Below, Tori loved the fancy chair in the room and thought it was perfect for reading.
Near where we were staying on the grounds they had a little village-type area with fun "old-fashioned" games and things to do for the kids.  I'm so glad we were able to go with John on this trip and the kids were able to see Biltmore.

1 comment:

Jessica McKay said...

It looks so beautiful. I love seeing your family!