Today was Tori's very first day of kindergarten! I have been very nervous, but she has been super excited. She got really excited after the school had an ice cream social two days before school started where she was able to meet her teacher. Her teacher seems really nice and I think she will be a good fit for Tori. Tori thought it was really cool that she got to pack her own lunch in her new lunch bag and her Dad even told her she could put in a few treats for the first day of school. James and I drove her to school today and she was all smiles as she waved goodbye to us and went inside with her class. I am very happy for her, but I am sitting here thinking how much I'm going to miss her sweet company during the day. She has always been such a cheerful little girl and can make anything fun. I am a very lucky mom.
Tori and James at home right before leaving for the 1st day of kindergarten (Tori's hand is in the air because she was saying, "Gooo Gators" - she's a Garner Gator now.)
Above Tori is standing in front of her school and you can see the door that she goes in each day behind her. Below all the kindergartners line up outside the school each day until it is time to go into their classrooms.
So, did Tori like her first day of school? She absolutely loved it! During an assembly at school they talked to the kids about the after-school program and when I picked Tori up after her first day she was mad at me since she didn't get to go to the after-school program like some of the kids who had both parents work. :) She got over that quickly, but still loves every minute of school and I love to hear all about it the moment I pick her up.




No comments:
Post a Comment