Thursday, October 20, 2011

Getting ready for Halloween

 I love Ellie's little face in this picture - she's so cute in her little Halloween shirt.
I wanted to get more pictures of the three of them together, but I can't get them to all smile at the same time.  At least I got them all looking at the camera this time. :) 

Tori decided this year that she was done being princesses for Halloween and wanted to be something more scary.  She said she wanted to be a mummy for Halloween.  After looking around online I decided that we should make our own costume.  This was my first try at a homemade Halloween costume and it was pretty fun.  Below we're pinning an old ripped up sheet on some white clothes of Tori's.  Tori and James had a blast ripping up the sheet - John would cut a little rip and then let them pull it apart.
Below we bribed the kids to actually try on their costumes.  We told them we would practice and give them candy if they put on their costumes for a picture (Tori would put her costume on anytime.  James, however, was saying that he didn't want to wear his ever, so I was getting worried that he would be really upset on Halloween.).  No worries, once they got the candy they were both thrilled to be in their costumes and James's pilot costume has become his favorite thing to dress up in.

No comments: