Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Picking and Carving Pumpkins

So we went to a little apple orchard/pumpkin patch to pick our pumpkins this year. Tori thought it was the neatest thing in the world to pick her own pumpkin. However, she was adamant that she find a pumpkin which she could carry all by herself. She found a little white one that was just her size and the sales clerk told her that it was called a "Long Island Cheese" pumpkin. From then on she called it her "Long Island Of Cheese". She loved that pumpkin and went on and on about how she found the perfect pumpkin just for her and that it was just the perfect size and she wanted to carry it everywhere. It is so fun to do things like this with her because she gets so excited and happy over the littlest things and then talks about them forever afterwards.

At the pumpkin patch they also had the cut out painted pumpkins above for pictures and I just loved her little hands in the hole.
Carving pumpkins was a lot of fun this year, too. Above Tori is taking seeds out of her pumpkin and below she is helping mom and dad with theirs. She drew the face on her pumpkin and dad helped her cut it out. I think her favorite part was picking out all the seeds so I could roast them the next day. Once I did make the seeds, she couldn't get enough of them.

Below she is carrying her pumpkin out to the front porch.



These pictures are of the final carved pumpkins (the two pumpkins that aren't carved are the ones I used to make "dinner-in-a-pumpkin" on Halloween).

No comments: