Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Helmet

At the beginning of the summer, we bought Tori a tricycle as a reward for potty training. She has really loved riding it and feels like a big kid now that she has a bike with pedals. Many of her friends are a year older than her, and some of them have two-wheelers and have to wear helmets. So, after we rode her tricycle a few times with friends Tori kept telling me, "Mom, I need a helmet". I don't really think her tricycle is dangerous enough to necessitate a helmet, but I guess we might as well start building good habits now. (Plus, I think little kids look really cute running around in helmets.) Here are some pictures of her with her princess helmet that she got to pick out.
In the pictures above and below, she's holding some peas from our garden. She loved to fill her truck with peas and then ride around to the different fire hydrants in our neighborhood pretending that they were different characters from Backyardigans and eating peas with them.

1 comment:

Olivia said...

I love her helmet!! It is so cute to see little kids in helmets, especially when they are not totally necessary.